Being a Teen: Everything Teen Girls & Boys Should Know About Relationships, Sex, Love, Health, Identity & More
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • AN ALL-ENCOMPASSING GUIDE THAT PARENTS WILL WANT FOR THEIR TEENS
This thorough, concise guide offers straight talk about:
• The male and female body as it changes and matures.
• Teen relationships: what it takes to create happy, supportive, positive, and meaningful connections with family, friends, and others.
• Identity empowerment: how to be authentic and thrive in today’s world.
• Sex and sexuality for boys and girls: how teens should take care of their bodies, embrace their experiences, and strengthen self-esteem.
• Strategies for working through the toughest challenges, including bullying, sexual abuse, eating disorders, pregnancy, and more.
Advance praise for Being a Teen
“Being a Teen should be in the hands of every teen in the world. It is a myth-busting, fact-filled treasure full of life information all teens want and need to know.”—Christiane Northrup, M.D., New York Times bestselling author of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom
“Clear, unflinching, and nonjudgmental . . . a reliable guide to the turbulent physical and social transitions of adolescence.”—Michael Kimmel, Distinguished Professor of Sociology and Gender Studies, Stony Brook University, and author of Guyland
“A comprehensive, honest, fun-to-read book for today’s teenagers. This delightful book will be used again and again.”—The Reverend Debra W. Haffner, president, Religious Institute, and author of From Diapers to Dating
“Detailed, accurate and practical . . . an excellent resource.”—Paul Kivel, author of Boys Will Be Men